Are you bewildered by your lab results?
You will acquire information about your blood levels and learn how to optimize your well-being.
Optimize Your Lab Results Online Course will provide you with a deeper understanding of various lab results and the lifestyle factors associated with them.
The practical Optimize Your Lab Results Online Course will show you how to decipher lab results by yourself. You will gain an understanding of the impact of lifestyle choices and nutrition on blood levels. Dr. Olli Sovijärvi, M.D. will be guiding you.
- Understand your blood test results
- Plan your lifestyle changes
Modern health care really means treating illnesses. Lab tests are generally used to find illness, not health. We wanted to create a service based on preventive health care. It is therefore focused on preventing illness and promoting well-being.
We selected the blood levels that best reflect good health and that allow for the optimization of well-being through lifestyle changes. When deciphering the results, both applicable reference and optimum ranges will be presented. Instead of a rushed 15-minute visit at the doctor's office, you will receive months of information and support in your lifestyle changes, based on standardized and reliable diagnostics by leading experts. True well-being starts here!
All laboratory markers certainly don’t have so-called optimal values determined in scientific studies, but in some cases, such values do exist. Optimal values are likely to be based for example on findings made on a population level regarding low mortality or, for instance, the greatest likelihood of preventing cardiovascular disease associated with a particular marker. Optimal levels, as opposed to a reference range, have also been defined for some vitamins.
However, it is crucial to always compare the results to your own previous results and track the changes over time, particularly after lifestyle changes. It is also beneficial to take several samples to get a bigger picture of various levels and to minimize the slight day-to-day variation before interpreting the results.
- Table of contents
- The systematic 6 part online course is created by Dr. Olli Sovijärvi, M.D.
- You will learn to understand and optimize your lab test results
- Every week, there is a comprehensive video made by Dr. Sovijärvi on each week's topic
- The online course includes downloadable, illustrated reading material and a platform where you can ask questions from a medical professional
- The online course also includes valuable additional materials gathered by Dr. Sovijärvi including articles, links, videos, and presentations
- You can begin the online course whenever you want – access to the materials also stays after the course
The online course consists of 6 separate parts, which are revealed on a weekly basis. The total length of the course is therefore 6 weeks.
- STRUCTURE OF THE COURSE
PART 1: COMPLETE BLOOD COUNT AND IRON LEVELS
- COMPLETE BLOOD COUNT (AND THROMBOCYTES)
- IRON LEVELS
- REGULATING IRON BALANCE
- IRON OVERLOAD
PART 2: METABOLISM
- FASTING, SLEEP, AND BLOOD SUGAR REGULATION
- FASTING BLOOD GLUCOSE
- HBA1C AND HOMA-IR
- THYROID HORMONES AND THEIR REGULATION (THS, free T4, free T3)
PART 3: VITAMINS
- VITAMIN D (CHOLECALSIFEROL)
- VITAMIN B12 (COBALAMINE)
- FOLATE (VITAMIN B9)
- UBIQUINONE AKA CO-ENZYME Q10
PART 4: HORMONES
- DEHYDROEPIANDROSTERONESULFATE (DHEAS)
- TESTOSTERONE (SENSITIVE METHOD)
- TESTOSTERONE FREE CALCULATED (SENSITIVE METHOD)
- SEX-HORMONE BINDING GLOBULIN (SHBG)
- ESTRADIOL (E2)
- LUTEINIZING HORMONE (LH)
- PROGESTERONE (WOMEN ONLY)
PART 5: HEART (INFLAMMATION MARKERS AND CHOLESTEROL VALUES)
- HIGHLY SENSITIVE CRP (HS-CRP)
- CHOLESTEROL (TOTAL)
- LIPOPROTEIN (A)
PART 6: LIVER AND KIDNEYS
- LIVER FUNCTION
- ALANINEAMINOTRANSFERASE (S-ALT)
- ASPARTATEAMINOTRANSFERASE (S-AST)
- GLUTAMYLTRANSFERASE (S-GT)
- KIDNEY FUNCTION
- ESTIMATED GLOMERULAR FILTRATION RATE (EGFR)
P.S. you can download each section's online course material (PDF) into your computer and at the end of the course, you will get the complete whole course material with all the references as a download!
Here are the markers that are included in the course and these are the ones that we recommend that you take:
- B-CBC (complete blood count including red blood cells, white blood cells, hemoglobin, hematocrit & platelets)
- Transferrin iron saturation
- Highly sensitive CRP (S-hs-CRP)
- Fasting blood glucose
- Haemoglobin A1C (glycated hemoglobin)
- Alanine aminotransferase (ALT)
- Aspartate aminotransferase (AST)
- Sodium (Na)
- Potassium (K)
- Estimated glomerular filtration rate (eGFR)
- Glutamyltransferase (GGT)
- Creatinine (Crea)
- Total cholesterol
- Cholesterol, high density (HDL)
- Cholesterol, low density (LDL)
- Lipoprotein, apo (a)
- Vitamin D3 (S-D-25)
- Fasting insulin
- Holotranscobalamin, active vitamin B12 (B12-TC2)
- Folate (fE-Folate) from erythrocytes
- Ubiquinone aka coenzyme-Q10
- Free T4
- Free T3
- Thyrotropin (TSH)
- Dehydroepiandrosterone, sulfate (DHEAS)
- Highly sensitive testosterone
- Free counted testosterone, highly sensitive
- Sex hormone-binding globulin (SHBG)
- Estradiol (E2)
- Progesterone (for women only)
- Luteinizing hormone (LH)
NB! This online coaching service and the contents thereof should not be viewed as treatment recommendations, nor do they constitute a medical care guide. Always discuss medical treatment options and your laboratory results with your primary care physician first before taking any supplements, remedies, or other products. The Optimize Your Lab Results online course does not give medical recommendations or comment on matters involving individual medical care. When reviewing results that fall outside the reference range, it is recommended to make an appointment with a physician who can assist in the interpretation of the results and investigate the need for treatment or further testing.
A very well structured course full of easy to understand information ready for instant assimilation and application. Thanks for making this available.
I just recently went through this online course and all I can say it is very good and well put together. It is a good investment to learn how to read your blood lab tests and sort through all the confusion that can exist. I like the way Olli presents the course including certain jokes which make it more interesting. Also his response time to questions is very good. Overall if you are looking for a source to better understand your blood work I highly recommend this online course.
I am blown away by the quality and depth of this course. I highly recommend it to anyone who wishes to understand their blood tests, implications and go beyond current medical recommendations. The biohackers produce excellent quality material every time, a treat for those of us who are scientifically- and open-minded, pro-active and keen to challenge the norms.