Acquire the basic knowledge and tools to identify and self-treat the most common gut-related problems.
Find the Perfect Balance for Your Gut
The Biohacker's Fix Your Gut Course is one of the most comprehensive and effective science-based gut optimization online learning courses available to date. Dr. Olli Sovijärvi (M.D.) has compiled on this 7-week course following the Pareto principle – 20 % of the information that produces at least 80 % of the results – so you don’t need to do it yourself.
In Biohacker's Fix Your Gut Course, you will acquire the basic knowledge and tools to identify and self-treat the most common bowel problems. You will also gain a great deal of valuable information about the most typical anti-nutrients in foods, intestinal microbiota and microbiome, leaky gut syndrome, the normal functioning of the digestive system, and how stress impacts the gut. Also, you will gain a basic understanding of how gut health affects the brain and shows in your skin.
This online learning course is designed for people who want results quickly and efficiently, but also permanently. Whatever is your main goal or starting point, you will find answers to achieving better overall balance in your gut and your overall health.
Fix Your Gut Online Course in a nutshell:
- The systematic 7-week online course is created by Dr. Olli Sovijärvi, M.D.
- You will acquire the basic knowledge and tools to identify and self-treat the most common gut-related problems
- Every week, there is a comprehensive video made by Dr. Sovijärvi on each week's topic
- The online course includes downloadable, illustrated reading material and a platform where you can ask questions from a medical professional
- The online course also includes valuable additional materials gathered by Dr. Sovijärvi including articles, links, videos, and presentations
- You can begin the online course whenever you want - access to the materials also stays after the course
With this course, you will understand the importance of nutrition and the variety of nutritional factors in the well-being of your gut and your entire body. When the gut is in good overall balance and the intestinal ecosystem is in great shape, the rest of the body can generally do well, maintaining good health and mental alertness.
Table of contents
Week 1: Typical gut-irritating foods, antinutrients & autoimmune protocol
Remove or minimize antinutrients in your diet
- Milk – one of the most common foods causing gut problems
- Why do so many not tolerate modern grains?
- Autoimmune diet and autoimmune protocol (AIP)
Week 2: Self-treatment of constipation & diarrhea and resetting the gut by fasting
- The most common reasons for constipation and its self-treatment
- The most common reasons for diarrhea and its self-treatment
- Fasting and intermittent fasting - the key to "resetting" the gut?
Week 3: Irritable bowel syndrome (IBS), FODMAP & diverticulosis
- Irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) and fodmap
- Fodmap carbohydrates and their restriction from the diet
- Efficient IBS self-treatment
- Diverticulosis and how to recognize it
- Gut microbiota and bacterial balance
- Small intestinal bacterial overgrowth (SIBO)
- Intestinal yeast overgrowth - "yeast overgrowth"
- Follow these steps to eradicate yeast overgrowth in the intestines
- Digestion and optimizing your digestive system
- Optimizing gastric acid secretion in the stomach
- Dyspepsia gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD)
- Digestive enzymes and bile acids
Week 6: Gut-brain axis, gut-skin axis, microbiota and microbiome, and the systemic effects of stress on gut function
- Gut-brain axis
- Increased gut permeability: the leaky gut syndrome
- Skin - the mirror of intestines
- Stress and the condition of the gut go hand-in-hand
Week 7: Food intolerances & hypersensitivities, food allergies, histamine intolerance, and laboratory markers for quantifying these
- Food allergies
- Food intolerances & hypersensitivity
- Histamine intolerance
- Testing for food allergies and hypersensitivities/intolerances
Great material and recommendation .Lost of info you can use in your everyday.
Great practical course
Given the complexity of identifying specific gut-related issues and overlaps between many of them, this course does a great job of providing practical information that helps. It helps to sift through the symptoms, helps by pointing out tests that might be useful in identifying the precise problem, helps by explaining not only the science behind what's happening but also the "so what" of it - dietary guidelines, behavioral changes that might be worth trying etc. And, on top of all that, Dr. Olli personally answers comments on the platform to help apply what one learns in the course to personal situations/experiences. These mini-consultations brought enormous added value for me in this course. Thank you, Dr. Olli!