The main physiological mechanism affecting the stability and general state of alertness during the working day is the regulation of blood sugar. Maintaining a stable level of blood sugar by refraining from overeating, continuous snacking and frequent meals is key to productivity and clarity of mind. I created the recipe for blood sugar rebalancing smoothie with optimal ingredients to help you support alertness and performance during work.
BLOOD SUGAR REBALANCING SMOOTHIE
- 1–2 tbsp apple cider vinegar (look for a product with sediment at the bottom of the bottle)
- 1–2 tsp cinnamon
- 1–2 dL (½–1 cup) blueberries
- 2 small garden apples
- 2 cm (1-inch) piece ginger
- 1 tbsp chia seeds (soaked)
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1–2 tsp raw honey
- 1 tbsp MCT oil or virgin coconut oil
- a pinch of unrefined sea salt
- 3–4 dL (1.25–1.75 cups) spring water or purified water
Cut up an apple, remove the core. Peel and cut up a piece of ginger. Place all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth. Sip slowly.